32 gauge / 3x3x0 barbs / 3 inch
Use Pink for cross-bred and other coarse wools, such as Romney, Leicester or Lincoln, and early stages of medium wools such as Corriedale and Halfbred. Pink is strong, penetrates easily, works over a wide depth range, and rarely breaks.
Pink is great for:
- for increasing felt density with deep asymmetric action especially in 3-dimentional felting. A finer similar needle is Gold.
- when working from the ends of a sausage-shaped ball to shorten it. Use a jiggling action.
- for joining balls together or when adding additional pre felted wool in sculptural felting.
- for situations where it is desirable to work over a wide depth range. This is most likely in 3-dimensional projects.
- horizontally in flat felt to draw fibres into a thin area, using an individual stabbing action where each insertion is carefully placed. This process can be supported with Blue.